Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I Read When I Was a Lazy Blogger

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Some of you may know that I actually started My Thoughts Literally 8 years ago. That's right, 8 years. I could have been an OG blogger like Jamie from Perpetual Page Turner formerly Broke and Bookish or Katie from Katie's Book Blog. But no, the first four years of my blogging journey was incredibly lackluster. I would post one review like every four months. Sometimes going close to a year without any updates. Then I would do a ton of catch up and nothing for a long time. So there are a ton of books I read during that time that I never gave full reviews to if I mentioned them at all. Some of these books I have since reviewed but others I haven't so here I have for you, the best books I read when I was a lazy blogger.

1.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte  - Add to Goodreads
This is one of my all time favorite books. I read it shortly after starting my blog originally but during a period of time when I wasn't really doing regular posts. I wish I had because this would have been a great book to review.

2.) The Wicked Years Gregory Maguire - Add to Goodreads
I have reviewed the series relatively recently when I was trying to do Throwback Thursday reviews. But I really wish that I had reviewed each book individually. I really liked this series but they are each so different so individual reviews would be nice.

3.) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - Add to Goodreads
Another one of my all time favorite books that I have never reviewed. I mean I talk about this book all the time but I have never reviewed it. I really should get around to that. I mean not only did I read it after I started the blog but I reread it when I restarted it. And yet...

4.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Add to Goodreads
I read The Hunger Games after I started my blog but I think I only ever talked about it when I did a catch up post before not really doing regular briefings like seven years ago. I really wish I had been more committed to blogging at that time. Could you imagine looking back on that review!

5.) The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen - Add to Goodreads
This is another series that I reviewed as a whole when I was doing Throwback Thursday posts. Again, I really wish I had done individual posts for these books. I seriously loved them and I would have liked to have talked about them with people.

6.) The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff - Add to Goodreads
This isn't really a book that I would often talk about here on the blog but it is one of my favorite books. It totally changed my like and I love it for it. when thinking of favorite books I read around this time this should totally make the list.

7.) The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - Add to Goodreads
Before I blogged I read a ton of cozy mysteries but this series was definitely my favorite. It was so much fun and I loved it each book that I read. I stopped reading the book I think around number fourteen but it's still great.

8.) The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - Add to Goodreads
This is another series I did a Throwback Thursday post for. But again one of my all time favorite series and one that has to make this list because I loved it so much. It's also the series that got me into audiobooks and look at me now.

9.) Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Add to Goodreads
I really liked this book but I think I added it to this list because it is a book I would have loved to talk about with other people. The ending super confused me and I wish I had been more serious about blogging when I read it so that I could have flailed with someone.

10.) Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter - Add to Goodreads
So I recently reviewed book four in this series and I had planned on reviewing the entire series together but I'm just being so slow with reading the series. I wish I had reviewed the first few books in the series so it wouldn't be so weird.

There you have it. Some of my favorite books I read when I was a lazy blogger. I wish I had reviewed these back in the day. I wish I could have talked about them with people. I wish I had done individual reviews of them of these. Mostly I wish I had started blogging like this years before I had. What books made your list. Leave me a comment with your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY READING!

7 comments:

  1. The Luxe was one of the first books I read when I was a fledgling blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good ones on this list. I forgot about the Tao of Pooh - such a good one. I wonder if I still have my copy around anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same! I've had my blog for over seven years, and started it while I was still in high school... but I straight up did not contact any other blogger, or leave comments on anyone else's posts, or even TELL MY FRIENDS that I even had a blog until after I was not only in college, but also already writing for a different website on TOP of it! :) Also, funny thing, but despite the fact that you and I have completely different topics, we share two of the same books on our lists... glad to see someone else appreciated the Luxe series like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice twist! I think I might have skipped reviewing some books as well in my first blogging year. But I was still getting on my feet in the blogosphere! It was virtually empty back then! Lol! So I had no idea what I was doing!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read The Hunger Games (of course) and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. But still making my way through that series. Only read the first two of it. Just kinda wanna get through them so I can read the one Eoin Colfer wrote. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may have been lazy, but at least you're still here. I read the first Gallagher Girl book this year. I thought it was cute, and will probably read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting interpretation of the weekly prompt! Eight years is such a long time...but I totally understand the whole lazy blogger routine. I had a personal blog for years and was much the same way-- posting once a month or once every three months or once a week, you never really knew what was going to happen ;)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete